Our Biennale Club
Our Biennale Club is an art, drama and music club helping children re-establish relationships.
It is on offer for FREE to any schools that have signed up for any other Our Biennale project. The club can be run by teachers, who will receive CPD sessions, guidance, resources and ongoing support from Our Biennale artists and arts organisations.
The children’s work from each project will be exhibited online and/or at the Biennale Finale event in Kirklees in June 2021, depending on government guidance.
As a member of the Our Biennale Club your school will have access to:
WOVEN Festival - https://woveninkirklees.co.uk/ - is a celebration of innovation in textiles across Kirklees. This project will include a virtual tour of Joana Vasconcelos’s exhibition at Yorkshire Sculpture Park, that will be used as inspiration for participants to make textile pieces. This project also includes:
- Online CPD training to support you to facilitate creativity using textiles processes
- Access to The Children’s Art School artists should you need additional support
- All artworks to be part of a large scale installation at Maker World in Huddersfield town centre and (hopefully) as part of the Biennale Finale
CHOL THEATRE - Imaginary Communities project:
The children and their teacher will become playmakers, creating their own unique imaginary world, developing the characters who exist there, and launching their own drama. The teacher will receive:
- Online CPD session around ‘Imaginary Communities’ (IC) and its theme: Planet Earth 2120
- Weekly IC Story Club digital pack, including a short introductory video and additional downloadable resources
- Weekly tasks and sharing opportunities with other Our Biennale Clubs
- Work exhibited online and/or at the Biennale Finale event in Kirklees in June 2021, depending on government guidance
Our Biennale artists from all over Kirklees are here to help support pupil well-being for just £200 per school. All projects will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Schools and artists can work together to arrange workshop dates.
Evoke on Instagram
The Evoke Network
The partnership brings together people from arts and cultural organisations, educational institutions and the local authority to drive joined-up local arts and cultural offer, share resources and knowledge, and strengthen and increase high-quality arts for children and young people across the borough both inside and outside of school.
Get in touch with Evoke
If you would like to get in touch with Evoke or join our mailing list please complete the form below.